tirsdag den 19. november 2013

X-mas project 'Mandel gave'


This is my finished project for christmas, it's a gift for mandel gave. At christmas after the big christmas dinner we eat 'risalamand' with finely chopped almonds in it, but one bowl contains one whole almond.
The bowls are decided by the one who is youngest gets to choose the first bowl and from there on each gets to choose one bowl in an order of each persons age. And last year my BF came with me to celebrate Christmas with my family and he got the whole almond in his bowl, wich means, he gets a gift and has to buy next years mandel gave, but this year we have decided that he will spend christmas with his own family because this year his niece came to the world, and he will spend 'julefrokost' the day after with my family, and we will do this every year from now on. So and because it is my family i have to buy the mandel gave for this year. And this is what i came up with, a crocheted blanket. I found it here, the pattern is written in danish, i didnt follow it exactly, i made mine a bit larger and changed the colours and had another yarn type, the border is also different and i decided to not make any flowers. 



I just love the way it turned out, and i really hope i will win my own mandel gave =P
But i do also wish for anyone in my family to win, it goes with all of their homes, it is a very neautral colour.
I will update this post with the packaging, when i have bought the last piece for this gift, was thinking some christmas cookies or candy.

Cat

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar